Almost 2 weeks after Lukes Birthday we went to childrens....My doctor a week before this told me he had Bronchitis and she gave us some medicine. We were hoping he would get better after the medicine but wasn't and he sounded really bad. His breathing was horrible it deep down in his chest. It was Sunday and Luke woke up in the middle of the night crying so I ran in there to check on him and I had Brett go down and get him a bottle. His breathing sounded different to me so I told Brett I was going to call the doctor tomorrow(which was Monday) and make apt. Brett thought he sounded the same and told me to wait for his year check up which was on Tuesday. I didn't listen of course and I called the doctor Monday morning. She squeezed us in and when she saw and heard him she new he didn't sound great either. And he had a fever and was super cranky. She had us go upstairs to get chest XRays to see if he had pneumonia and if anyone has done chest Xrays for little ones it is really sad. I had Ethan outside with a nurse crying and Luke in this tube crying. It wasn't fun at all. We go back down to see the doctor and she has me come out to see the Xrays. Well he didn't have pneumonia but he did have a coin lodge in his esophagus and it was blocking his his air way. She told us that she already called the surgeons at children and they were expecting us to come. She told us we needed to go over there right away. I called Brett told him to come and meet us at children's and then I call my friend to see if she would take Ethan for me and we headed over to childrens. Luke really struggled every time a nurse or doctor came in he would scream and scream then they would leave and he would lay back down on us. We got to the hospital around 2:00 in the afternoon and he didn't go into surgery until 8:45 p.m. It was really sad because they suited me up and let me come back there to hold him while they gave him his anesthesia and I layed in on the table and they told me to give him a kiss and pushed me right out. It was sad I really wanted to stay with him. It wasn't a big surgery at all obviously but I really don't like it when the kids have to go under it is always scary. We waited for so long outside the room watching the bachelor...About 10:30 we got to see him and we went back down to our room and lets just say it was a really long night he wouldn't sleep in the crib there so we held him all night nurses kept coming in and waking him to check everything. We finally got to leave and he has been so happy since then. Literally it was like he never even had Bronchitis. He had been sick now with this for about 6 weeks and we had stayed in the house I never took him anywhere. If I needed to go anywhere I always called a babysitter. I was really worried about him being sick for so long and him not getting better or even showing sign of improvement. So I really believe that it needed to linger because I don't know how we would have found the coin. I know that Heavenly Father is always watching over us with these little miracles everyday. 
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Posted by Rae Lynn and Brett at 2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





12 comments:
Oh my gosh, Raelynn! I'm so sorry for you and little Luke. What an ordeal to go through. I know we are being watched over and mommies are always prompted. I'm happy things are better now. I wish I could have been there to help you!
Im in tears. Girl, you guys just went through so much. There is nothing worse than seeing your baby so sick and hurting. So glad they figured out what was wrong and got that COIN out.
Oh my goodness! What a tough kid you must have. I bet you two are wonderful parents to those little guys, we're sorry it was so rough for you for a little while.
Oh my gosh! I am so glad he is ok! Little kids always make things an adventure. When I was a Luke's age I swallowed a nickle and grandma Ina gave me the heimlich (have no clue how to spell that) and saved me! Love all the posts :)
What a sweetheart and a scary ordeal- I'm sorry! Glad that all is well now.
oh wow rae. heartache!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am SO glad that all is well with little luke.
i had a scare myself a week ago--we were at a friend's old house. old as in, hundred years old. and belén fell down the SUPER steep, cement basement stairs. i was at the bottom, and watched it all in slow motion. her little body bouncing all the way down.
ugh... those are the worst moments for a mother.
long story short, she is okay.
but we need to catch up for sure. i miss your guts.
I am so sorry! I am so glad everything is okay. I have wanted to call you to see how you guys are doing. My phone broke, I lost your number and need it! I have been waiting for you to post to see how Luke's birthday went. I can't believe he swallowed a coin. I am so glad they found it and the surgery went well, what a blessing! We sure do miss you guys and hope you are doing well. I wish we were still there to help you guys through all of that.Will you please email me your phone number? bcsearle@gmail.com
That is crazy!! Poor little guy. I'm so glad they finally found the coin. Scary. Glad he is feeling better! Your boys are so cute and it looks like they have so much fun together. I can't believe Ethan was so easy to potty train. I'm going to teach Griffin soon and I'm dreading it!!
I am so glad that things are better. Luke is too cute to be in pain. You are such a good mom.
Poor little sweetheart! That sounded like a horrible experience. I am so glad he is ok, though. Brittany had actually already told me about this when I talked to her the day after it happened, and I was feeling sad for you guys. I'm glad everything is ok, though.
Anyway, if you didn't remember, I am Brittany's sister, Mindy. I came to visit in September and met you at church. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you. Seriously, every time I talk with Brittany it seems like you are serving her in some way. Especially since she had Nyah, I have been missing her so much. And I have missed not being able to help her... like taking Gabe or bringing her dinner or whatever. But I feel so grateful that she has had you as a friend. :)
We are so glad little Lukie is okay. My kids were so worried about him when we heard. And, we are glad that Ethan was okay after his accident. I think this is the kind of stuff we are in for with all of these boys we have! Love to see new pic of the boys. Miss and love you guys tons!
So grateful everything worked out the way it did. What a blessing. I am so glad he is doing better. Hope you are out playing and enjoying the sun.
Post a Comment